SFCM VPN (Windows)
Modified on: Tue, 2 Nov, 2021 at 4:07 PM
Adding our VPN to your Windows Computer
- Using the Search Bar, search for VPN Settings and click the top result. Alternatively, open the Start Menu, click the Settings gear icon and then begin typing VPN Settings. Click Add VPN.
- Use the following information on the following screen:
- Connection name: SFCM VPN
- Server name or address: vpn.sfcm.net
- VPN type: L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared key
- Pre-shared key: please contact email@example.com
- Type of sign-in info: General authentication method
- User name: Enter 'sfcm\YourCampusID' without '@sfcm.edu' (e.g. sfcm\jhebert, sfcm\jason.hebert, etc)
- Password: *Enter your SFCM CampusID here
- Remember my sign info: 'Check' this box
- On the same settings screen from Step 1 under "Related Settings," select Change adapter options. Right click SFCM VPN and select "Properties"
- Click the Security tab at the top of the following window and change the below options (leave everything else as is, see below image)
- Data encryption: Require encryption (disconnect if server declines)
- Allow these protocols: 'check' this bubble
- Unencrypted Password (PAP): 'check' this box)
- Go to the Networking tab, click the text "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) so that it is highlighted blue (see below). Select Properties
- Click Advanced...
- Click the DNS tab, and change the following settings:
- DNS suffix for this connection: sfcm.sfcm.edu
- You're done! Click OK until completely out of VPN settings windows
Connecting to the VPN
- Click your Internet icon in the bottom right of your taskbar (it will look like either one of the circled icons below)
- Click SFCM VPN and click Connect
- You should now be connected to the SFCM VPN.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.